I SHARE THE ROAD PLEDGE
Will you join the “I Share the Road” campaign?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY by joining people from around the state who believe in getting the message in front of elected officials, city leaders and motorists all over Mississippi! Check out our brand new indiegogo campaign where you can win prizes while supporting a good cause before 12/31/2014!
The “I Share the Road” campaign is working to humanize bicyclists in Mississippi by reminding people that people who ride bikes are also mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters and sons! We want to advocate statewide for education, compassion and increased MUTUAL RESPECT on the roads.
And, with YOUR help, WE CAN!
With your donation, we can:
- Design NEW bike safety materials to distribute to children, adults and people who ride bicycles throughout the state!
- Print thousands of Mississippi Bicycle Laws “POCKET GUIDES” with the “3 feet State Law” spelled out in detail….great to keep in your wallet or saddle bag!
- Expand our educational programs to Law Enforcement officials!
- Purchase and distribute “I Share the Road” stickers FREE throughout MS!
- Create 2,000+ postcards to distribute through bicycle, fitness, and outdoor shops around Mississippi and in front of motorists at participating gas stations, rest areas, coffee shops and more!
- Acquire advertising space and gain T.V. and radio exposure by producing and distributing safety P.S.A’s and raising awareness of the “I Share the Road” message.
- Allow us to expand our website www.isharetheroad.org to a stand-alone page with increased opportunities for real people to share their stories and sign the online pledge!
- Hold additional photo shoots throughout the state showing real Mississippians of all shapes and sizes who ride their bikes!
- Help us expand the “I Share the Road” campaign to help get this message in front of elected officials, city leaders, cyclists and motorists!
Make a contribution through our Indiegogo campaign! http://igg.me/at/
DON’T FORGET TO SIGN THE ONLINE PLEDGE!
By signing my name below, I pledge:
- To be safe and respectful when walking or bicycling on the roads & trails in MS.
-To drive the speed limit, obey traffic laws and to limit my own distracted driving.
-To treat bicyclists with respect when passing; even changing lanes to pass when necessary.
- To watch for pedestrians at marked and unmarked crossings and to look for runners on the road.
- To look out for children, elderly, disabled and other vulnerable users of the roads.
- To share with others the importance of showing mutual respect on Mississippi’s roads.
Sign the Pledge TODAY: "I SHARE THE ROAD!"
Read the petition
Downloads for Giving Tuesday!
Download these Facebook Profile Pics and show your support for Bike Walk MS on #GivingTuesday, 12/2/2014
Print-outs to show your support!
Print and fold the Holiday Card showing your friends and family that you gave in their name, Download a pocket guide of MS Bike Laws or print out the “I Share the Road, Will You” sign and post a picture on facebook!
Share the Campaign Online!
Share the campaign on facebook at: www.facebook.com/isharetheroad
Share the campaign hashtag #isharetheroadms
Bike Walk Mississippi’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bikewalkms
Bike Walk Mississippi’s Twitter page: www.twitter.com/bikewalkms
DON’T FORGET TO PURCHASE (OR RENEW) YOUR SHARE THE ROAD LICENSE PLATE! All proceeds from the Share the Road tags go to support bicycle advocacy in Mississippi!